Our mission is to work as an educational community to empower and acknowledge the uniqueness of every learner by creating an individualized pathway to educational and social success.
NAS-New Mexico (Albuquerque)
The New America School-New Mexico (NAS-NM) is a public charter high school dedicated to serving a unique population – recent immigrants, their families and children who want to learn or perfect English and earn a high school diploma.
We are a fully accredited, publicly funded institution. Our highly qualified staff provides intensive English language instruction and a rigorous academic curriculum to help students fulfill their dream of a better future.
At The New America School we believe educational opportunity is a cornerstone of American life and that English language skills are an essential component. NAS-NM was created to serve English language learners and un-enrolled students who might lack the English skills to succeed in mainstream high schools.
NAS-NM offers a full schedule of classes day and night. The campus is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00am – 6:00pm. No classes on Friday. Classes are available for full and part-time students.
- Opened: 2009
- Enrollment: 200+
- Principal: LaTricia Mathis
- Staff: Assistant Principal, 16 teachers, one guidance counselors, one social worker, one special education case manager, college and career coach, and a strong support staff
- Serves both lunch and breakfast
A STUDENT CENTERED EXPERIENCE
- High Quality Instruction for English Language Learners
- Extended School Day, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Four-Day School Week, Mon.-Thurs.
- Credit Recovery Programs to Help Students Graduate On-Time
- Full Range of Curriculum in all Core Subjects
- Quarterly Enrollment
- Free Afterschool and Friday Tutoring and Credit Recovery Support
- Small Class Sizes
- Career and College Readiness